Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sweet 16

Top-front; bottom-back
This cake was made for my friend, Olivia's Sweet 16. It was so much fun to make, but I felt some pressure this time, which was good, because I learned so much! My cake definitely looked a lot better because of it. Baking is truly  a guess and check kind of task, and it's so much more fun that way! Looking things up without trying for yourself takes away from the fun of it, I think, though it can be helpful. I did look things up, however, but more for brainstorming and weighing my options. And there wasn't much room for error, but I think I passed. Now that I have learned new things and can successfully lay fondant on without it ripping, I am ready to take the cakes to a new level! Oh and the three flavors were red velvet, strawberry (with fresh strawberries, of course) and coconut. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment